Members of the Ogier family entered the history of winemaking in Châteauneuf-du-Pape in 1859 as merchants. In 1926, they presented Clos de l’Oratoire des Papes, which has been bottled ever since with an unchanged label. In 1948, the Ogier family became “négociant-éleveur”, which means they were also winegrowers. They offer a wide selection of wines from the Rhône Valley, among which the blends that are based on the grenache variety predominate. They are proponents of sustainable agriculture and organic winemaking.